Fall is the perfect time to freshen up your home before the colder months hit, and that means tackling some deep cleaning tasks that you may have been putting off. To make sure you don't miss a spot, we've compiled a checklist of 11 things you need to add to your fall cleaning to-do list, from clearing out gutters to decluttering your wardrobe. So, let's dive in and get your home shipshape for the season!
Here are 11 Things to Add to Your Fall Cleaning Checklist in and Around Your Home1. Clean Gutters and Downspouts: Fall means leaves, and that means clogged gutters and downspouts. Clear them out to prevent roof damage and ensure proper water drainage from your home.
2. HVAC Maintenance: Schedule a professional HVAC inspection to replace filters and ensure that your heating system is in top condition for the colder months.
3. Yard Clean-Up: Rake up leaves and debris, trim bushes and hedges, and remove any dead plants to prepare your yard for winter.
4. Deep Clean Carpets: With the windows closed for the season, fall is the perfect time to deep clean your carpets to remove any accumulated dirt and debris.
5. Declutter Your Wardrobe: Swap out your summer wardrobe for your fall and winter clothes and donate any items you no longer wear.
6. Wash Windows and Screens: Clean your windows and screens to let in maximum light during the shorter fall days.
7. Check Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Make sure your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly and replace batteries if needed.
8. Clean Kitchen Appliances: Take some time to clean your oven, refrigerator and other kitchen appliances to get them ready for holiday cooking.
9. Dust and Clean Light Fixtures: It's amazing how much dust can accumulate on light fixtures. Take the time to clean them all and replace any burnt-out bulbs.
10. Organize Closets and Cabinets: Go through all of your closets and cabinets and declutter any items you no longer need. Donate or sell them, and reorganize the spaces.
11. Clean and Organize Garage: Finally, tackle the garage or outdoor shed. Organize any tools and equipment, and give the space a good cleaning.
By following this checklist, you'll be able to tackle all the necessary fall cleaning tasks in and around your home. Not only will it keep your home in top condition, but it will also give you peace of mind knowing that you're prepared for whatever fall and winter may throw your way. Happy cleaning!
Your home is your sanctuary, but over time, it can start to feel stale and uninviting. If you're feeling bored with your living space, it's time to shake things up by giving your home a refresh. From deep cleaning to adding new textures, there are plenty of ways to bring new life into your home. Here, MamaSuds discusses some tips on how to revive and refresh your home.
Give Your Home a Deep Cleaning
The first step in refreshing your home is to give it a deep cleaning. Remove all clutter and excess items, and thoroughly clean all surfaces, including floors, walls, and ceilings. Dust and polish all furniture, and wash all linens and curtains. This not only makes your home look better, but it also makes it feel more pleasant to be in. Keep your family safe — shop for non-toxic eco-friendly cleaning products at MamaSuds.
Get Organized by Digitizing Your Documents
Another way to refresh your home is by digitizing your documents. Instead of keeping papers and receipts in drawers and cabinets, scan them onto your computer and store them as PDFs. If you want to combine documents and need help with how to add pages to a PDF, you can utilize a free online tool.
Give New Life to Old Furniture
Furniture is one of the cornerstones of your living space, so refreshing your home can involve revitalizing your old pieces. Take a look at your furniture, and consider refinishing or painting pieces to give them new life. You can also reupholster chairs or create new covers for sofas and cushions.
Add Depth by Mixing Textures and Fabrics
Mixing textures and fabrics can help bring more interest and depth to your living space. Consider adding a plush rug to the living room or adding a new throw pillow in a different color or pattern. Adding different fabrics can create more places for the eye to rest, making your home more visually interesting.
Choose Value-Enhancing Improvements
When refreshing your home, it's important to choose improvements that will enhance your property's value. This can include replacing outdated fixtures or appliances, refinishing flooring, and updating bathrooms or kitchens. Making these types of improvements not only breathes new life into your space but can also increase your home's resale value.
Introduce Indoor Plants
Plants are a great way to add life and color to your living space. Adding greenery can also help improve air quality and create a more relaxing atmosphere. Consider adding plants in different sizes and shapes to different rooms in your home. Plants also make excellent natural décor options.
Refresh Your Color Scheme With Paint or New Décor
One of the most effective ways to refresh your home is by changing up your color scheme. You don't have to paint a whole room to achieve this effect. Instead, you can introduce new colors and textures through decorative items like throw pillows, rugs, or artwork. Adding a new coat of paint to a single accent wall can also change the whole dynamic of a room.
Let in More Natural Light
Natural light can change the entire ambiance of your space. Seek to let in more light into your home through larger windows, skylights, or even adding mirrors in strategic places to reflect sunlight. If you need more privacy, seek translucent curtains to allow light to filter in while still giving you a sense of privacy indoors.
Refreshing your home can help create a more comfortable, inviting living space. By adding new textures and fabrics, mixing colors, or even digitizing documents, you can make your home feel brand new. Choosing improvements that enhance your home's value and bringing in natural elements can make the refresh more beneficial in the long run. So don't be afraid to experiment, and remember to have fun while creating a space that reflects your individual style.
Keeping your home organized doesn't have to be a challenge. However, it's easier to stay inside and work on home improvement projects when it's nasty outside. Try the tips below to make life easier all year long and keep yourself occupied on cold winter days.