MamaSuds was the vision of a mother of three who was always seeking for an affordable yet safe way to clean her home and family. Michelle (Mama) wanted to find an affordable cloth diaper detergent that rinsed, cleaned, and actually got the soil and stink out of the diapers! Michelle started searching detergents and wondered, why is everything that is natural, safe, and toxin-free come with a hefty price tag? After several recipes, she started giving it to friends and family to try. Shortly after Michelle started making all the soap in the house, and her husband Jim thought if their family benefited from the soap, other families would too. MamaSuds was born!
It’s all a bit overwhelming isn’t it?
Do any of these sentences describe you?
- I just found out Product A and Product B that I have been using for years is made of ingredients that aren’t good for me and now I don’t know what to use.
- I have been searching for a Product that is safe for my family but actually works.
- I am overwhelmed by all the research I have to do for every product in my home. I wish someone could just tell or teach me what is safe.
- I want to learn about safe products but it’s so time-consuming and I don’t know where to start.
- I am tired of conflicting information on the internet. I don’t have time to research every little claim, but I want to be informed.
- I just want products that aren’t going to give my son/daughter/wife/husband a skin flare-up.
If any (or all) of these resonated with you, then you have come to the right place. I would love to help you.
In case you don’t know me…
Hi! I’m Michelle (Smith) - AKA MamaSuds® and creator of Your EcoFriendly Guide. I’m a Michigan girl, born and raised, and raising my family in the town just north of where I grew up.
I’m also a wife (to my high school sweetheart) and mom to three girls with a special knack for (and a couple of degrees in) education.
I spent 10 years as a middle school math and English teacher before quitting to focus on my own business full time (techinically it was launched in late 2011 but it was more of a hobby) and be at home with my girls.
Four years later, that hobby has turned into more than 40 handcrafted products, lots of (lovely) email subscribers, and more valuable lessons about safe ingredients and products than I have time to share in my (mostly) weekly blog posts. And now I am continuing my love of educating with online classes and consulting.
Educating people is what I am good at and what I am passionate about. I love to research. I love to look into things and learn. Let ME do it FOR you. I spent YEARS researching ingredients, the effects of toxins on our environment and our health.
I can’t wait to teach you. I can’t wait for you to try MamaSuds® and feel good about what you are using in your home.
If you’d like to learn about ingredients and products and a little bit more about me, check out my BLOG.
If you’d like to shop for products that are handcrafted, safe and effective, start SHOPPING!
If you’d like to become a member of the MamaSuds Email List then SIGN UP.
If you’d like more information about classes that I offer then SIGN UP here.
If you’d love for me to help you one-on-one then shoot me an email HERE!