Fall is the perfect time to freshen up your home before the colder months hit, and that means tackling some deep cleaning tasks that you may have been putting off. To make sure you don't miss a spot, we've compiled a checklist of 11 things you need to add to your fall cleaning to-do list, from clearing out gutters to decluttering your wardrobe. So, let's dive in and get your home shipshape for the season!
Here are 11 Things to Add to Your Fall Cleaning Checklist in and Around Your Home1. Clean Gutters and Downspouts: Fall means leaves, and that means clogged gutters and downspouts. Clear them out to prevent roof damage and ensure proper water drainage from your home.
2. HVAC Maintenance: Schedule a professional HVAC inspection to replace filters and ensure that your heating system is in top condition for the colder months.
3. Yard Clean-Up: Rake up leaves and debris, trim bushes and hedges, and remove any dead plants to prepare your yard for winter.
4. Deep Clean Carpets: With the windows closed for the season, fall is the perfect time to deep clean your carpets to remove any accumulated dirt and debris.
5. Declutter Your Wardrobe: Swap out your summer wardrobe for your fall and winter clothes and donate any items you no longer wear.
6. Wash Windows and Screens: Clean your windows and screens to let in maximum light during the shorter fall days.
7. Check Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Make sure your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly and replace batteries if needed.
8. Clean Kitchen Appliances: Take some time to clean your oven, refrigerator and other kitchen appliances to get them ready for holiday cooking.
9. Dust and Clean Light Fixtures: It's amazing how much dust can accumulate on light fixtures. Take the time to clean them all and replace any burnt-out bulbs.
10. Organize Closets and Cabinets: Go through all of your closets and cabinets and declutter any items you no longer need. Donate or sell them, and reorganize the spaces.
11. Clean and Organize Garage: Finally, tackle the garage or outdoor shed. Organize any tools and equipment, and give the space a good cleaning.
By following this checklist, you'll be able to tackle all the necessary fall cleaning tasks in and around your home. Not only will it keep your home in top condition, but it will also give you peace of mind knowing that you're prepared for whatever fall and winter may throw your way. Happy cleaning!