To sell your house quickly and for the most money, your home needs to be in tip-top shape before it hits the housing market—and one of the best things you can do is pay for professional cleaning services. Check out these tips and resources from MamaSuds to discover the benefits of hiring a cleaning professional when selling your home, and to learn about the steps you’ll need to take to prep your house for sale.
The Benefits of Professional Cleaning Services
Professional cleaners can help to prep your house for sale and transform your carpets, rugs, windows, and more.
- Deep cleaning is one of the best (and cheapest) things you can do to increase the value of your home, along with sprucing up the kitchen, painting the interior walls, and replacing old light switches and outlet covers.
- Professional cleaning costs vary, but most are priced by the area.
- As you prepare to list your home, there are several cleaning mistakes you’ll need to avoid—and a professional cleaning company will have the time, skills, and tools needed to successfully showcase your home in photos and in person.
- Many professional cleaners offer a variety of services, from carpet and upholstery cleaning to oven and window cleaning.
Tips for Cleaning, Decluttering, and Staging Your Home
These cleaning, decluttering, and staging tips will showcase your home in the best possible way.
- Decluttering your home is crucial, and any unwanted items can be donated, sold, recycled, or moved into storage.
- In addition to paying for professional cleaning services, decluttering and organizing services are available.
- You can also use some easy-to-remember tips to help you organize.
- Staging is also important when selling a house, and Anna Cottrell of Real Homes shares three home staging tips for sellers.
Cleaning Advice for Pet Owners
If you live with one or more animal companions, the need for professional cleaning services is even greater when preparing to sell a home.
- From odors and stains to scratches and chewing damages, several pet problems must be fixed prior to listing your home.
- To conquer pet odors naturally, Erica Reitman of HGTV recommends vacuuming all animal hair and dander, washing and drying all pet covers and cushions, and cleaning your pet’s collars, bowls, and leashes.
A lot of time and money goes into selling a house, but several cleaning and decluttering mistakes could easily sabotage your home sale. Leave these tasks to the pros to sell your home faster and for top dollar: It’ll be well worth the cost of paying for professional cleaning services!
For non-toxic, vegan, eco-friendly soaps and household cleaners, shop MamaSuds today!