Even When You Eat Clean, Toxins Live in Your House
May 02, 2018

Even When You Eat Clean, Toxins Live in Your House

You’ve been working tirelessly to stick with a clean, healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately, it takes more than that to stay healthy. Toxins could be living in your home right now, and you just don’t know about it. Below are some common ones that pose a risk to your health.

Where you can Expect to Find Phthalates

First of all, you should keep an eye out for phthalates. Are you wondering what those are? Phthalates are certain chemicals used in the production of a number of household products; however, they often go unnoticed. You’ve probably never thought twice about toxins being in your toilet paper or air freshener, for instance. If you have vinyl shower curtains, you can be sure that phthalates are present in them, as well.

While many of the products containing them are in the bathroom, it doesn’t stop there. As a matter of fact, you may very well be dealing with dish soap and plastic food and drink containers in your kitchen that contain these toxins. Since they tend to pop up in several places, it’s best to always be on the lookout for them. It’s not rare at all for phthalates to show up in items that appear completely harmless on the surface.

How you can Know About Mold

When you’re looking to eliminate the toxins from your home, you’re going to want to consider the potential presence of mold. Mold commonly grows in humid environments, but can also grow in arid climates if the house suffers flood damage. According to protectyourhome.com, flood detection should be part of your total home protection strategy.

Even though it’s clearly visible to the naked eye, you won’t always be able to see it. Sometimes, it spreads throughout the interior portion of the walls. If this happens, you can expect certain symptoms to reveal the hidden mold. You may experience an allergic reaction and worsening asthma symptoms.

Also, you should be on the lookout for any discoloration or spots on the walls that seem to have appeared out of nowhere. If you encounter a fever or an itchy sensation more often than you normally do, you should consider the very real possibility that it's taken up residence in your home. This knowledge could end up saving your life.

Your lifestyle may be healthy and clean, but your house is another story. Being aware of this is a good place to start, though. You should do what you can to find out if phthalates are within any household products you currently use. Also, you’ll want to pay attention to any signs of mold growth. Finding out today will preserve your health tomorrow.